Film, Theatre & Television
Catherine has experience collaborating with wardrobe departments and stylists on film sets and theatre for one off commissions.
Her major commissions within this field are:
- Jewellery designer for the blockbuster Harry Potter films:
- Silver Slytherin rings and tie pins worn by Draco Malfoy (Thomas Felton), Vincent Crabbe (Jamie Waylett), Gregory Goyle (Joshua Herdman), Pike (Bronson Webb)
- Slytherin Snake buttons worn by Lucius Malfoy (Jason Isaacs)
- Slytherin girls ring worn by Flora Carrow (Amber Evans),
- ‘Radish’ earrings worn by Luna Lovegood (Evanna Lynch)
- Oxidised Silver Textured Pod earrings worn by Mafalda Hopkirk (Sophie Thompson)
- Gold necklace worn by Fat Lady (Dawn French)
- Silver Cross ring worn by Albus Dumbledore (Michael Gambon)
- Silver horse shoe identity bracelet, gifts for the costume department, Warhorse Film produced by Stephen Spielberg
- Gold plated long drop earrings for the ‘Clash of the Titans’ film
- Etched silver brooches for BBC TV series, ‘Grown Ups’
Catherine was commissioned in 2003 to make ‘Slytherin Ring 1’ and ‘Slytherin Tie-Pins’ for ‘Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban’. These were worn by the Slytherin Boys including; Draco Malfoy, Vincent Crabbe, Pike and Gregory Goyle. The Slytherin jewellery collection was featured in all the subsequent films.
Above: ‘Slytherin 1’ - silver and oxidised silver jewellery collection, rings and tie-pins.
In 2005 Catherine was commissioned to make ‘Slytherin Ring 2’ and ‘Slytherin Buttons’ for ‘Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire’ worn by the Malfoys’.
Above: ‘Slytherin 2’ - silver and oxidised silver and blue glass jewellery collection, rings and coat buttons. Lucius Malfoy’s cloak featuring the ‘Slytherin Buttons’ can be seen on display at the Warner Brothers Museum in LA.
Warner Bros. Studios approached Catherine again in 2006 to make the ‘Radish Earrings’ for ‘Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix’ worn by Luna Lovegood.
Above: ‘Radish Earrings’, silver and coloured glass beads.
Finally, in 2010 Catherine’s ‘Textured Pod Earrings’ were selected for ‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows’ worn by Malfada Hopkirk. Catherine was also commissioned in 2003 to make the gold plated, silver ‘Greek Leaf Necklace’ worn by ‘The Fat Lady’ and the silver ‘Cross Ring’ worn by Albus Dumbledore.
Above: ‘Textured Pod Earrings’, silver and oxidised silver. Gold plated, silver ‘Greek Leaf Necklace’ worn by ‘The Fat Lady’ and the silver ‘Cross Ring’ worn by Albus Dumbledore.
All film images © Warner Bros. Studios